It’s important to employ a great balance while accessorizing your Bridal Look. It’s important to consider all sorts of factors; neckline, dress embellishments, bridesmaids accessories, hairstyle, and floral arrangements.
We will discuss each of these factors and how they should help govern your jewelry choices!
1. Neckline – whether you are going sweetheart strapless or high-collar, it’s important to consider the line you are creating around your decolletage. If you are exposing more collar bone, with a strapless dress, a necklace is completely acceptable. However, be aware of large earrings paired with necklaces(!) this can be too much bling and distracting over all.
2. Dress embellishments – if your dress bodice is covered in pearls or appliques, it is better to tone down your jewelry. Have some simple stud earrings or an understated necklace or hair piece. If your dress is simple and stately, you can have more lavish jewelry and a statement hair piece. If there is a lot of bead work or rhinestones on the neckline of your dress, forgo a necklace completely – it will be too much.
3. Bridesmaids accessories – make sure you talk to your Bridesmaids beforehand about jewelry(don’t want them to outshine you!) if the Bridesmaids are in strapless dresses, necklaces are totally acceptable, however it might be better for them to all be matching – it could be their bridesmaids gift!
4. Hairstyle – plays a big role in jewelry so decide early what your hair is going to be like. If you have short hair, smaller hanging earrings are ideal. If you have long hair and are leaving it down, you can choose anything from studs to statement earrings depending on the feel you want to create.
5. Floral arrangements – it sounds crazy – but this does make a difference! If you are using a BIG luxurious bouquet, bracelets are completely not necessary. Bouquets are an accessory and part of your whole ensemble. If you have a brooch bouquet or a bouquet that is being accented by other items, then you don’t want to draw attention away from that, so don’t wear a bedazzled belt or big bracelets. You can however include flowers in your headpiece for a romantic feel!
Have a sister or friend offer their second pair of eyes to make sure you aren’t under-done or over-dazzling! What sorts of unique and interesting jewelry did you have on your wedding day? Share a comment or photos with your stylish jewelry additions to your Bridal Couture!