The Cannes Film Festival is known far and wide for its artsy and independent feel. That feeling isn’t limited to the films, though. Fashion on the red carpet is another thing to look out for at this event. Here are four amazing trends we spotted. Continue reading Festival Fashion: 4 Trends from Cannes (So Far)
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you would have witnessed the midriff trend that swooped in and took the spotlight for the spring/summer 2014 season. Celebrities on the red carpet, celebrities on the street and even up-and-coming Instagram fashionistas are all jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to this style that seems to casually saunter in-and-out of fashion when it feels like it (think Britney Spears in her prime). Here are some of our favorite recent belly-baring looks.
The Winter doldrums can creep up on the best of us, here are some great dresses to pep you up and bring you through to Spring!
Warm and feminine sweater dresses, office ready numbers and prints perfect for adding color to the dreary winter are going to get you through the last stretch and into warm weather!
How do you pep up your style in the late winter months? Share in our comments!
Happy Friday, my fellow fashionistas! If you’re in the market for a cute & trendy summer outfit, then you’re in luck! In this week’s post you’ll see my choices for the look of the day––the perfect ensemble to rock all summer long!
Whether your summer will be spent on vacation or at the office, this look can definitely be adapted to fit the occasion! To see more fabulous and fashionable items, visit our LightInTheBox Fashion Collection.
1) This adorable orange mini dress is right on trend with the decorative detail on the shoulders. The short hemline is balanced by the high, rounded neckline and cap sleeves—which makes it perfect to wear on vacation or at work. Pair this bright dress with some neutral accessories for an up-to-date look!
2) No summer ensemble would be complete without a fantastic pair of sunnies, and these retro inspired sunglasses don’t disappoint! This tortoise shell style goes perfectly with a solid colored dress, and there are 4 other shades to choose from.
3) Every girl needs a neutral colored purse, and this chain shoulder bag in camel doesn’t disappoint! The chain straps are very ‘in’ right now and its gold fixtures go perfectly with this ensemble.
4) Neutral accessories are great, but pairing such a bright dress with another bold, solid color is so exciting! These chunky heel sandals in deep turquoise add some much needed flair to this otherwise too-boring outfit!
5) Gold is the hottest metal for this summer, and orange and gold look fabulous next to each other! Adding a thick gold bangle really draws everything in this outfit together.
6) These jade & rhinestone earrings are the perfect toppers to this orange/gold/turquoise ensemble! The jade color mimics the dark turquoise in the shoes and the gold setting & rhinestones draw the eye upward.
We’ve all heard horror stories about a bride who ripped her bodice, spilled red wine all over herself or sweated so much she stained her gown—and we don’t want to be that bride! But if you’re the kind of girl who’s had her heart set on an extravagant wedding dress since childhood, chances are you probably never considered just how restrictive and uncomfortable it can be to wear a gown all day long! So in this week’s post, you’ll see some lovely dresses that are comfy gown alternatives for your reception!
A growing trend among modern brides is to ditch the big gown after the ceremony & photos and change into an outfit that’s much more manageable. A quick wardrobe change can make a world of difference to a bride who wants to dance all night and doesn’t want to worry about ruining her wedding gown or being uncomfortable. And there are so many styles to choose from—anywhere from sexy and sweet to flirty and funky. In short, having a reception dress is practical, comfortable and fun!
Check out our LightInTheBox Wedding Collection to see more fabulous reception dresses!
Click a photo to visit the product page.