Disco isn’t Dead! The past few seasons fashion world has seen the revival of the 80s with its sequins, glitter and feathers blast.
“The spring 2018 shows were awash with references from Lady Diana to Pretty Woman and the Supers, all reimagined as a vintage mash-up to appeal to the It girl of 2018 — think Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, or Kaia Gerber, who we imagine will be wearing so many of these looks“, fashion director at Net-A-Porter, Lisa Aiken explained. Moreover, she adds sequins, crystals and feathers are all key elements of the evening wear. So no wonder when watching Haute Couture Fashion shows we see the domination of divine feather –sequins dresses. Let’s wait for the soon-coming MetGala and see which celebrities follow the 80s fashion trend.
Let’s have a closer look at how and where to wear the-so-loved-80s trend. If you have a huge passion for fashion but a limited budget, we will help you find the way how to look at 100% chic but within your budget.
- Get 1 major sequins piece: skirt, pants, top or blazer. You can easily find such items in most fashion stores at affordable prices. Make sure to combine them properly. DON’T wear all the sequins you have at the same time, it may create a controversial impression and you don’t want to look like a Christmas tree. Best way to combine is one sequins piece with other regular clothes. For example, sequins midi/ mini skirt with a casual T-shirt/ pullover; disco-inspired sequins flared pants with the same casual T-shirt or pullover. It’s even easier with sequins top or a blazer – as they basically match everything – you can wear them with denim jeans, skirt or shorts. Whatever you feel like. Shop this dress at $32.99, loose top – at $9.79, a big sequins top at $14.99.
- If you are one of those who like minimalism and prefers delicate details to head-to-toe all-alike looks, you will be happy to know that there is a place for you too ‘under the sparkling fashion sun’. Feather and sequins embroidered clothes is what you need. They are, no doubt, more difficult to find BUT what a divine look you will achieve when you get them.
- Another fashion tip to follow is to add sequins and feathers accessories to your casual, formal or evening looks. Create a mysterious bohemian look with these little gems.
- Shop the one on the left at $19.99, and those on the right at $54.99.
- For fashion Divas, true Fashionistas who attend all cultural/ fashion events, we offer these chic cocktail evening sequins-feathers dresses to stand out from the crowd. Are they up to your taste? Get this elegant white sequin dress on the left at $119.99, deep emerald green V-neck cocktail dress at $129.99, and similar red one at $98.99.
Shop this stunning mermaid trumpet sequins evening dress on the left at $109.99, golden trumpet train sequin cocktail dress at $119.99, lookalike black one also at $119.99. Which dress has stolen your heart?